Last month I spent a lot on my house. I invested in a new garage door and opener and then a new lawn mower! Also I painted my living room and bought landscape lights. I love everything I purchased. It makes it feel even more "homey".
This month I would like to:
- get new windows--the estimated installation date is May 1st, but maybe i'll get lucky
- -have a successful party for my son! I'm going to order pizza, pop, and have a great time. OK guess that's not a finanical goal, but still :-)
- split $1000 between house fund $265, emergency fund $265, Roth IRA that I will be opening 5/08 $450, $20 Zak
- make at least $400/pay at lake east (that would be good for the accounts) - i'm working 4 12's plus a class thats 1.5 hours plus a meeting and TB test so i'm guestimating.....$1000.
- look at my life insurance plan and home insurance to make sure its what suzie orman says lol i read her book.
- Look into a Roth IRA
Ok Red is last month and Purple is this months:
For my accounts according to mint.com:
- Etrade (high yeild savings account):$16,394-$16,584.75 up $190.75
- Etrade (house fund): $439-$841.56 up $402.56
- Etrade (emergency fund): $862- $1,265.80 up $403.80
- Chase (low yeild checking): $1267- $3,276.95 up $2009.95
- Charles Schwab (high yeild checking): $1380- $7,462.19 up $6195.19 (tax refund)
- Charles Schwab savings: $1006-$1,506.98 up $500.98
- LHS retirement account: $2189-$2,297.01 up $108.01
- OPERS retirement account:$3504-$4,192.22 up $688.22
- Zak's Etrade savings account:$1282- $1,285.94 up $3.94
- Zak's CollegeAdvantage fund:$602-$578.08 down $23.92
- Coupon savings this month: $0
- Speedy points:129988- 140914 up 10926
- Anne Geddes points: 11,532 same
- Cash back points: (I need to sign up, i will edit this later)
- Shop at home.com points: $10.00-$10.88 998
Totals: up $9703.23 actual money. Didnt include retirement, zak's money or other things that aren't true savings to me. This was the first time all my accounts were up! I am impressed. That amount sounds like a lot, but my tax return is in it.