Wednesday, June 2, 2010

June Goals in life


FOR JUNE
This I started last month. I noticed its a good way to assess every area in my life....
Health
run vs strength calendar--So far I did't do so bad with this. June 7th Zak starts daycamp. I will be at the gym everyday before I pick him up. Besides the days I volunteer. I hope this is going to be my "fix." Adam is starting what we call the "Memorial Day Meltdown". Starting yesterday, he is losing 10 lbs by July 4th


run with jackie and adam--Didn't get to run with ethier of them :( I ran with elise a couple times, that was nice...


Personal/fun
 playdates--I got to do one with Alyson and her kids and tomorrow we will be doing Heather and her kids :-)


game nights--I have to email my friend dave again...and pick a day for Pam and Frank.


Zak's homework- Zak is going to have homework over summer. We are working on handwriting, math, and reading.


girls nights--Soon, I will be going out with Jordan hopefully!!


date night--I'm going out with Adam someday for his bday June 10th. I promised myself.


dvd movies--I need to put my home movies to DVD. Also, Kelly's wedding onto her own DVD.--yeah, still gotta do that


reading again--After my testing!


houseparty--June 11 after Zak's bb game!!
 

photobook-I have a coupon I need to use by June 14th for a free photo book...I need to look for pics..


make $$ (for wedding fund)


craigslist--$20 for ball pit and $25 for bathroom set...next I need to put up another little bathroom set and Zak's Vtech learning system.


ebay--Jackie sold a couple things...


cans--We got one bag!! I am going to do it again next week


credit card--my credit card give me 2% cash back. That cash will go to the wedding fund as well. Also, with every purchase I make I round up the dollar and throw that into the money jar.---Me- $26.10 and Adam- $21!


expotv--This is just a fun little website that doesn't earn anything towards $$, but little gifts that are a good thing to have, and the points are easy to get.--May 4604pts


inbox dollars--I like this because the revenue is pretty high. I have $11 now and i can cash in at $25. I take surveys, search things and read emails. Also this month i'm going to use coupons from there and get $.10 per coupon!--May $13


hits4pay-- this is another read email site. It's really easy to get the $$, but it seems like its going to take forever to get to $25---May $11.24



Debt
DEBT IS GONE!!! GO ADAM!!


House


I have put a lot of money into the house the last 6 months, but man was it worth it! It has brought the house such a nice look! Adam has worked his butt off painting and stuff. I think were an awesome team. But, there's always more to do:


  • scrub umbrella table--done
  • scrub grill cover--done
  • scrub garbage cans--need to do
  • lay mulch--done
  • fix overhang(adam)--done
  • change lightbulbs (adam)---tried somethings wrong with the lights
  • garden (check westside market for deals)---I planted it :) Still want to go to westside market with adam
  • Organize Closets
  • put stuff away upstairs
  • get rug in living room steamcleaned
  • Get tiki torches set up
  • Got a new patio set :)


Finance


What i'm trying to do is combine all my $$ into 2 accounts. One has over $15,000 the other only $2000, but I am making the second one grow to make $15,000 because then I get a 10% increase in interest at the end of the quarter--still doing this.


close discover accts--I called the guy tonight and he is watching them because I have pending interest. When the interest goes through he is going to call me and I will be closing them


budget 1st pay--I need to wait until I get my benefits in here and 72hrs per pay. Hopefully it's going to be a nice increase in pay.--I think i'm going to budget for $1500/pay


$1000 to charles schwab--I need to keep a good amount in this acct to fund my roth. This month I didn't fund it due to the job switch and yard expenses.

  • split $1000 between house fund $265, emergency fund $265, Roth IRA that I will be opening 1/10 $416, $20 Zak


open pnc acct--Done with this. I have to check transactions and make sure I did 10 to get my $150


close life insurance--I am keeping a policy called a critical illness policy. It's only $15/mo


Change over credit cards- I got a new charles schwab card and they have a new acct number on it. So, I have to change everything


Refinance- Adam said I should look into refinancing again. I think I will try.


Career


study calendar--I haven't registered yet. I finished a 525 question test and need to talk to Annette to see if there's more I can do. I defenately need more studying


register for ACLS--After this RNC is over with I would like to register for this


NRP--Mine expires 10/10, so I need to renew this as well this year


CEUs--I have a site that i'm going to start doing my CEUs through after my RNC, I also have my CBLs to do here through lake.



Save


Wedding--Smartypig has us covered. We have $500 right now. $500 Each at the end of this month. I get paid 6/3 and 6/17. $250 each for me.


big savings, now 2 accounts building up one to $15000--discussed this earlier and will come back to it at the end of may


Zak's savings--He needs his savings and his college


retirement--I rolled over my PERS, so I now have a tradiational IRA and a Roth, and a 401k that i'm currently not contributing to.


checking--I will be going through PNC for my main checking. Keeping $25 in first merit, $25 in chase, and $1000 in schwab.



Meals
A smart thing I did recently is start buying coupons from this site. It saved me a lot of $$ last week!---I'll be looking this week again

Freezer cooking--I want to do this freezer cooking. I am going to look through some healthy recipes. I froze 2 casseroles this month!


healthier snacks--I am choosing healthy!! Though...I love my candy :)


Cleaning
The other day I spent 4 hours cleaning the house. I like to clean that way, but I dont like it taking up my entire day.  I am going to adopt Colin's Stradegy over at Hip2Save starting next week.---Actually!! I Think I found something that works!!! 

Master List of June things to accomplish
  • Run and strength calendar (3d/wk)
  • plan a playdate
  • email Pam, Frank, and Dave  
  • Plan something everyday for Zak's "homework"
  • plan a day for dinner with Adam
  • DVD to movies
  • Photobook (by June 14)
  • Put stuff up on Craigslist
  • get cans from field
  • transfer all my stuff from my Credit Card to the new one
  • more points for expotv
  • search 5 times a day on inbox dollars
  • clean garbage cans
  • look up tiki torches online and solar lights online
  • closets (zak and mine)
  • put away stuff upstairs
  • close accts at discover
  • check my 10 transactions from pnc
  • refinance
  • email annette 
  • Save $500 to smartypig
  • $25 to zak's savings acct
  • clean everyday
  • and add a couple meals to this week bc I cooked all of them already lol...so we're going to do:baked chicken legs
    Fried Rice
    Chicken in a skillet 


1 comment:

Jackie said...

Let me know how the refinancin goes. Good goals!