Friday, September 3, 2010

September Goals in life


FOR SEPTEMBER
I noticed its a good way to assess every area in my life....
Health
run vs strength calendar--Running tomorrow morning my 5k!! My hip is FINALLY feeling better!!


run with jackie and adam--Jacks preggo and adam works opposite shifts, this stinks but this month Amy and I are going to start working out and I'm starting a bootcamp program :)
 

Personal/fun
 playdates--Zak has a lot going on with sports, but I would like to try to get together with Heather


game nights--We have a party at Franks Sept 25!


Zak's homework- every friday, he is ahead of the class. We need to work on tieing his shoes


girls nights--Not this month ethier....


date night--We had so much fun on our hotel night. We need to do that more...


dvd movies--DONE! phew. Finally. Now, I need to start scrapping again!


reading again--After my testing!


houseparty-I've applied for a few
 

photobook- I would like to just print a few pics off for my friend Lydia from her wedding.--still gotta do this


make $$ (for wedding fund)


craigslist--I had an intrest but that was all...i'll repost again


ebay--nothin...


cans--Gotta cash in our cans....


credit card--my credit card give me 2% cash back. That cash will go to the wedding fund as well. Also, with every purchase I make I round up the dollar and throw that into the money jar.---Me-


expotv--This is just a fun little website that doesn't earn anything towards $$, but little gifts that are a good thing to have, and the points are easy to get.--May 4604pts--still slackin here...I have NO time right now


inbox dollars--I like this because the revenue is pretty high. I have $11 now and i can cash in at $25. I take surveys, search things and read emails. Also this month i'm going to use coupons from there and get $.10 per coupon!--August $19 (made $2 this month)


hits4pay-- this is another read email site. It's really easy to get the $$, but it seems like its going to take forever to get to $25---August $11.50...same as July, the didn't have any emails...i'm going through 6 now so that should help


Debt
DEBT IS GONE!!! GO ADAM!!


House


I have put a lot of money into the house the last 6 months, but man was it worth it! It has brought the house such a nice look! Adam has worked his butt off painting and stuff. I think were an awesome team. But, there's always more to do:


  • scrub umbrella table--done
  • scrub grill cover--done
  • scrub garbage cans--done
  • lay mulch--done
  • fix overhang(adam)--done
  • change lightbulbs (adam)---tried somethings wrong with the lights
  • garden (check westside market for deals)---I planted it :) Still want to go to westside market with adam
  • Organize Closets
  • put stuff away upstairs
  • get rug in living room steamcleaned
  • Get tiki torches set up
  • Got a new patio set :)
  • harvest garden soon
  • keep up on weeding booking
  • go with girls to get dresses
  • get new weed sprayer
  • have a cookout! 
  • clean shed 
  • clean garage
  •  weed yard
  • nail down gazebo--adams working on this this weekend
  • very good cleaning to the house for the cookout 
  • find out how much it is to fix sunroom roof and to make it 4 season --we want another estimate
  • prepare for fall :) 


Finance


What i'm trying to do is combine all my $$ into 2 accounts. One has over $15,000 the other only $2000, but I am making the second one grow to make $15,000 because then I get a 10% increase in interest at the end of the quarter--still doing this.


close discover accts--closed!


budget 1st pay--i'm thinking $1500...


$1000 to charles schwab--I need to keep a good amount in this acct to fund my roth. This month I will fund it
  • split $1000 between house fund $265, emergency fund $265, Roth IRA $416, $20 Zak
open pnc acct--Done with this. I should be getting my $150 soon...GOT IT!


close life insurance--I am keeping a policy called a critical illness policy. It's only $15/mo


Change over credit cards- I finally changed everything over.


Refinance- Attempting this again...meeting with a guy on thurs---now were talking to a lady Julia


Career


study calendar--I have less than a month, I'm really working on this, tonight i'm heading to the library. I'm so scared.


register for ACLS--I registered for November.


NRP--Mine expires 10/10, so I need to renew this as well this year. Hopefully after my RNC


CEUs--I have a site that i'm going to start doing my CEUs through after my RNC, I also have my CBLs to do here through lake.


Clinical Ladder--I have decided to participate in the clinical ladder. If I get my certification, it will surely help, but next year I will have more points if I join commitees and stuff, which I will. My level, if I get it, is $2000


Save


Wedding--Smartypig has us covered. We have $3677.31 now.


big savings, now 2 accounts building up one to $15000--working on this. I will transfer money from PNC to the account after my bills are paid this month. Not sure how much yet, but hopefully the same each month.


Zak's savings--He needs his savings and his college


retirement--I rolled over my PERS, so I now have a tradiational IRA and a Roth, and a 401k that i'm currently not contributing to.


checking--I will be going through PNC for my main checking. Keeping $25 in first merit, $25 in chase, and $1000 in schwab.



Meals

Freezer cooking--I have been freezing meals, working out well!!


healthier snacks--I am choosing healthy!! Though...I love my candy :)
Cleaning
The other day I spent 4 hours cleaning the house. I like to clean that way, but I dont like it taking up my entire day.  I am going to adopt Colin's Stradegy over at Hip2Save starting next week.---Gotta get back on this too..

Master List of September things to accomplish

    • Run the 5k
    • Work with Zak on tieing his shoes
    • STUDY and PASS my exam
    • Franks party!
    • nail down gazebo
    • trailer stay again, we loved it.
    • repost to craigslist
    • refinance
    • reestimate sunroom
    • split $1000 between house fund $265, emergency fund $265, Roth IRA that I will be opening 1/10 $416, $20 Zak
    • visit heather
    • start working out with Amy
    • print pics for lydia
    • florist 


No comments: