Friday, April 30, 2010

May Financial Goals

Last month:

  • Cut back on grocery bill, clip coupons--Trying to do $100/mo this month
  • split $1000 between house fund $265, emergency fund $265, Roth IRA that I will be opening 1/10 $416, $20 Zak
  • I have my emergency fund established and that's the rest of my savings. I would contribute my $265 from emergency and $265 of house plus rest of money into it every month. I have to look into it more though. Now as i look i'm thinking Capital One's Intrest plus saving account. Well I used that account and if you maintain a $15000 every month then you get a 10% increase in interest at the end of the quarter. I will be able to do that. I moved my money today and then moved my emergency fund which I dont get the 10% on but still a way better interest rate. I also will be moving Zak's savings and house savings when they get bigger ($2500 at least)---started 2/10
  • SPRING CLEAN---did this, the house needs cleaned again but it was sparkling!
  • plant grass and rota-til backyard---had to wait to plant grass, the money situation this month wasn't great
  • keep making meals every night---didnt do too bad at all
  • use the "envelope" system this month to pay things. At the end of the month all the singles and change will go into our awesome Hawaiian punch saving jug for the wedding :) (i've decided for next month i'll go back to using my credit card and just every purchase ill do the same, milk $1.50= $.50 to wedding fund etc and add it all in at the end of the month.---alright, i'll admit it, im better with a credit card. I would order out at work, stop and get food/coffee for no reason. I will be doing the same thing, but rounding up the dollar and putting change at the end of the month into our change jar. Also my 2%cash back will add up more too. I will be adding that to our funds.
  • Host Zak's Birthday party---BIG money crunch. But boy was it fun :)
  • Help Adam host his mom's party---ditto to this!



    This Month:
    • Cut back on grocery bill, clip coupons--Trying to do $100/mo this month
    • split $1000 between house fund $265, emergency fund $265, Roth IRA that I will be opening 1/10 $416, $20 Zak
    • I have my emergency fund established and that's the rest of my savings. I would contribute my $265 from emergency and $265 of house plus rest of money into it every month. I have to look into it more though. Now as i look i'm thinking Capital One's Intrest plus saving account. Well I used that account and if you maintain a $15000 every month then you get a 10% increase in interest at the end of the quarter. I will be able to do that. I moved my money today and then moved my emergency fund which I dont get the 10% on but still a way better interest rate. I also will be moving Zak's savings and house savings when they get bigger ($2500 at least)---started 2/10
    • Yesterday I opened an acct at smartypig.com for our wedding..
    • Also 5/9 PNC is offering $150 to open an account for the virtual wallet. I can't wait to open it! 

    • plant grass and mulch and fix up the yard
    • "spring up" the curtains in the house, wash and dry them
    • clean at least 1x/wk
    • buy food for meals, and try not going over budget
    • no clothes this month!!!!
    • craigslist/ebay some stuff in garage rest to goodwill---garage is EMPTY
    • dryclean wedding dress---dropped it off!
    Expenses I expect this month:
    • Yard ($100)
    • Gifts ($100 mandy and sean's, sharon's bday, mothers day)
    • dryclean wedding dress ($150)
    • doctors ($30)
    • car ($140 for detailed cleaning and oil change)
    • total expected expenses: $420
       
    • Wedding plans this month:
    • pick out invites--Did this!
    • pick a hall--Did this!
    • really start a fund
    • pick out cake server thing and gifts for party

    We're just gonna wait til next month.....with the envelope thing everything's screwy.

    1 comment:

    Jackie said...

    Good plans! Good luck with the grocery bill! $100 is tough! Well depending whats in your stockpile...